Sunday, September 22, 2013

Around the world - Madagascar - I'm in shape, you're in shape, they're in shape...


6am. To my surprise, I slept rather well and a lot! Maybe plugging my ears was of a help to avoid hearing the small beasts swirl around me? Well, I slept well - that is when you don't take the pain in my hips from the hard ground in consideration and the nature of my dreams. But since this time the dreams are rated, I'm not gonna go into the details. To avoid embarrassment. Mine? Yours? You choose!
1pm. We are at the natural swimming pool N*3 and we have been here for the last 2h. It's stunning what the nature can create sometimes. All the beautiful bone and muscle structures. Oh, sorry, did you think I was gonna brag about yet another natural swimming pool? Yes, it's again very different from the previous two and gorgeous but... Nah, forget about the pool already! I'm looking at a dozen of young Malagasy adults and my eyes are having a real feast (believe me, bodies I have seen in my career!). Well, OK OK, some of them are still in their late teens but I have eyes and I have had my share of looking at the nature and now it's turn to get to know something else! And excuse me, they find me exotic too. White skin (long pants and long sleeves do help to maintain that healthy color!), tall (thank you family genes for such a wonderful gift), smiling (working on the naso-labial lines as usual but yes, to smile is my devise!), kind (yes, I massage twisted ankles of our guide - thank you BR for Crème Défatigante by the way), curious (I ask questions - of all sorts and not in small quantities otherwise where is the fun!), generous (I shared my lunch with a very honky male). What's there not to like, I ask of you. So what that I have red bug bites all over my legs, belly, arms, cleavage, neck and now even the face! (I swear it spreads like a black storm!) 
Malagasy youngsters are fit. They don't need to pay expensive gym club memberships. They just work harder than hard from a very young age. They walk, they run, they lift and carry tons of food, earth, stones, they work the earth of their fields with their whole bodies (instead of using the bodies of the strong animals - they cost too much and not everybody can afford that kind of luxury!)... It's all muscle. They are lean, dry and they know it and know also how to show it when there is a new girl around. And this time the party was all for me and me only. Thank you guys! I shall always remember you in the pool, fooling around (them, not me!), jumping crazy happy poses and admiring my mermaid skills. Too bad we had to leave so early, I would have loved to ask you about your dreams. 
I guess all good moments have their ends and so we left for the circus. Which was equally breathtaking. Again, it reminded me of a place I have never been to before, the Grand Canyon. I'm told it's probably 3 times bigger over there but I must tell you - I'm impressed already with the smaller Malagasy version. 
Jacquelin is adorable and shares his impressive knowledge of the bugs, birds, animals, trees, plants, flowers. And so the ones I remember and am impressed with, I try to photograph. Stick insect, elephant foot, praying mantis, scorpion, thermite cones, rosewood tree and the snow flake bugs that turn into half butterflies, the dragonflies, the bird of paradise, the chameleons and lizards, grass hoppers poop (believe me, it's huge for such a small creature)... 
There was a very important fire about three years ago that has ravaged a great part of the park. Most of the fires that happen here are illegal and very saddening when they do occur. But I am very happy to say that the strong life of the nature took over and the trees and plants are blooming again. And the trees that look dead, I believe they will bloom soon as well. 
The rest of the walk was easy and we actually arrived back to the camping rather early, at 3:30pm. Jacquelin wanted to take us to the cascades but once more we refused politely, our day felt already full enough of gorgeous images. Francois and Blondie (another guy with a girlie name) prepared us a royal dinner that we devoured and shortly after that, my favorite guy - the sandman - paid us a visit and off we went to the dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment