Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Around the world - Madagascar - Foreplay

11:50am. So this is it. I'm in the subway, on my way to the airport. Destination? Madagascar. Since I'm still on the french territory, I'll allow myself to some gentle moaning. Ready? Here it comes: I'm hot. Overdressed - because it gets cold due to the AC in the plane & the flight is gonna be 12h long and that's where my green hooded jumper comes into the picture! Overcharged - because apparently, I forgot how to travel light. And let me tell you, this is a disaster!!! I knew I shouldn't have taken that summer work break between my travels! That should teach me! And on the top of it all, even though the weather forecast announced grey n wet weather in Paris today, the sun is blasting. So the subway has heated up too. I can just about see your faces while reading this. Thinking: "is she really complaining about the nice weather?" And even though I just did that, you know that I'm not. :)

OMG, were my muscles burning up or what as I was going up 'n down the stairs at the Grands Boulevards & later at the Charles de Gaulle Etoile subway station? Suffering under the 13kg of this "not much". In reality it always turns out differently, in my case it's a backpack full of clothes (comfortable and highly abandon able if no longer needed!), shoes, books (yes, several) & shower gel... & the camera, let's not forget the camera! And do I dare to say, this is just the beginning!

12:25pm, seated comfortably in the AF shuttle, next to my friend known as "OhDoume" that I haven't seen in a while but not socializing quite yet (don't worry we'll get enough time to get fed up with each other in the near future) since I decided to do my feedback as long as possible & whenever possible! :) Poor readers! Poor you!


Now, let me ask you something. Are you talented with the preparations prior to the departure? Because, that surely is something else! What does one need (really really need!) when leaving for Africa for little over 6 weeks? That was definitely my question yesterday as I was about to dive into the tons of clothes I've accumulated over these last 15 Parisian years. Not much is the answer, really. Except for some good quality shoes (preferably worn few times before). Firm around the fragile ankles, heavy enough to tone the calves, the thighs and if lucky enough, the lower cheeks too (OK, I didn't want to be blunt by using the word ass but some of you might not understand my delicate language!).

7:15pm. Dinner has been served 30min ago. Oh what a joy to be able to have the on flight platter! This time we had a choice between beef cannellottini (hello? what kind of pasta is this???) and fish from New Zealand, how exotic! But dear oh dear, no vanilla to be seen anywhere?!?! I am shattered. Thank God there is new Goldfrapp album playing softly (full blast none the less) into my ears to sooth me down. AND the sunset is always amazing at the altitude of 35000 feet. The sparkling royal blue that floats over the flashy orange and burning red strips of the sky that are drowned into big blackness underneath. Feast for my always hungry eyes. 6448km & 7h30 of flight remaining towards Antananarivo, the capital of King Julian's kingdom. I certainly hope he's ready to move it with us!

2am. Reading guide books (and books in general) under a very bad light hurts the eyes. I better try to get some sleep (euh, 2h at the most - since we should be landing at 4:30am). Otherwise I might not be in the best shape to meet with the beautiful land and it's intriguing creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment