Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Power of words


Words are powerful. Words are beautiful. In english, in french, in italian, in slovak, in japanese, in czech, in russian, in spanish... I love words - even the swear words (even though - I kinda join a friend on the fact that they are not necessary!!! and so whenever I remember those words of wisdom, I try to avoid those ugly ones)... 


Take for instance the individual words: 

* Butterfly - such a delicate creature.
* Giggle - what a liberating action!
* (A good) laugh & (a long) sleep - 2 best cures for anything!
* Fun or lighthearted pleasure - do I need to say more?
* Embrace - makes me feel all warm
* Sunny, sky, clouds, stars, moon can be described with other pretty words such as mystery, dreams, freedom, imagination.
* Rainbow - colors, plenty of colors.
* Truth
* Kiss
* School, piano, music, foreign languages - discovery, creativity...
* Friend - cherish
* Possible - everything, future
* Food - tasty - happy
* LOVE - passion

Then there are encouraging words: Be Bold. Be Fierce. Be grateful. Be wild, crazy, and gloriously free. Inspiring, motivating words: Surround yourself with the dreamers & the doers, the believers & thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don't see it yourself!

The words that make difference: Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.

For me words are associated with emotions, with memories, with happiness. The key word for me is love. I love to feel the summer rain on one's warm skin. I love the smell of the fire, the smell of the coffee, of the cinnamon, of the flowers, of freshly home baked bread, of the crispy fresh early morning... I love good music, I love my friends, I love my little cheeky niece Lili, I love the sea, the wind, the fire, I love to learn new things, I love to discover new places, I love to sleep, I love to feel free as a bird, I love to laugh, I love to hug, I love to cook, I love to love and be loved, I love to keep myself busy but I love to laze around from time to time too, I love books (à la folie!), I love good movies (even when they are difficult to digest), I love taking photographs (would like to learn how to do it better!!!), I love to feel and be helpful...

When I hear a song, a sound, when I feel the thrill of the moment, when I feel deeply and truly happy - I love madly. I love whatever made me feel that way, I love the sensation, I love life, I love to be on this planet.

Did you know that to produce a single phrase of speech, there are about 100 muscles of the chest, neck, jaw, face, tongue and lips that must collaborate? The chatty me has been getting a great work out lately!

So yes. Words have a great power. And we should be careful about the way we use them, who we use them with and what we make out of them.

And these are the thoughts I wanted to share with you. Because words do count. You can’t live a positive life with a negative attitude. Heaven on earth is a choice we must make, not a place we must find. Let every day be a dream you can touch. Let every day be a love you can feel. Let every day be a reason to live. Life is too short to be anything but positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment