Thursday, January 16, 2014

But who is Lana?

by Alex Oles Cheresko
Today is my 36th birthday. I was born at 5:40pm, in Bratislava, Slovakia. And my parents gave me a very luminous name, Svetlana.

I have lived in Slovakia for 19 years & then the travelling bug bit me. I moved to England for little less than 2 years. When I got "bored", I moved to France. Where I have lived for 15 beautiful years. With a small break in 2006, that's when I went to make one of my small dreams come true. And the dream? To live in Italy & learn that gorgeous language of theirs. OK, it was only for 2 months but it still counts as a break! I will soon go & live my other dream. Much bigger this time. I am going to a cooking school in Australia. YAY!

When I started this blog, I was living (for a short period - too short to my taste) in Japan. A friend of mine (yeah you, dear pusher!) kept nagging me about a blog and that's when this was born.

So why Lana's Svet? Because in Asia, they call me Lana. Why Svet? Because that's what they call me in Europe. But also because in my mother tongue, the word "svet" means "world". And because when you swap the place of Lana and Svet, it becomes me again.

And well, after all this time I have been posting (in a very irregular way!) my thoughts, I wanted to welcome you to my world. Feel free, feel happy, feel comfy, feel loved in it. Peace to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment