Thursday, January 23, 2014

But, where is my bed...?


Who said that 24h of flying was going to be long? Especially because, dear me, it was not a direct flight. Well, I actually didn’t see the time pass by. For once. At least not during the first part of my journey. I had an amazing chance to meet with lovely Slovak ladies who were travelling to India. One of my favorite destinations (even though I only went once!). They were kind, they were generous, they were chatty, they were fun. We all waited for our connecting flights at the Doha airport. Exchanging our personal stories, marital/companion statuses, shoe sizes. Dah, we are girls after all!

Life is well made. It puts amazing people onto your path when you least expect it & boy, does it feel uplifting! Obviously, during the second part I had no such luck but I didn’t mind. Greatness comes in small doses & I wouldn’t have been able to handle more anyway.

So instead of socializing with my neighbors, I watched few movies. Despicable 2 was my first choice & what a choice it was! I love “kid” movies. Since I was on the roll, I watched Blue Jasmine. Cate Blanchett is stunning in it! Not that the movie belongs to the happy group but I liked it very much. Third movie was about Steve Jobs. Boy, was he an angry bugger! Even though it was a movie about him (or so I though), I still don’t know much about him. Fourth & last movie – well, I would have watched more as the choice was quite extensive (& appealing) but have you seen the size of the screens on the planes??? – Ain’t them bodies saints with the very gorgeous Casey Affleck & Rooney Mara. But let’s pass, I can’t imagine you would actually be interested in my movie reviews.

Arrived to Melbourne safely, we landed almost on time. In one piece & surprisingly, rather fresh. Oh yeah, I washed my face & brushed my teeth just before the “keep your seat belt attached” went back on for the landing. A friend of mine was expecting me at the airport & I must say, I thank this universe (& HIM, obviously!) for those “little” favors! I’ve done a lot of travelling in my life & I’m sure that I would have found a way of getting to the accommodation on my own if I had to. But it was absolutely lovely to be able to just sit in a very comfy car & be taken to my new home.

Funny thing is – even though I communicated with the people from my accommodation, my room (let alone my bed) was not ready. Nobody actually expected me that night. So we had to wake the manager up.  Who then welcomed me barefoot, in his night gown. Hopefully he shall forgive my indiscretion & for divulging such a private detail from his private night habits. I found it very endearing & amusing. It also probably helped me not to get annoyed. Even though – I wonder what could have annoyed me today. I was so excited to be here after all the plans & preparations!

All right lovely peeps. Not that this hasn’t been fun, but I am supposed to be sleeping. Now that I have a temporary bed for the night, I shall try to take a full advantage of it. Wish me luck, for these people are 10h ahead of my sleeping time. Nite nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment