Wednesday, April 24, 2013

And so I went shopping...

It all started in a very innocent way. Today, I just had plenty of free time on my hands. It has been almost 3 months since I've arrived to Japan and I still haven't done any girlie shopping. Shocking you say?! Well - yes and no would say those who know my passion for this activity.

When I'm home (Paris home, not Bratislava home this time - sorry mum) I always do the same thing. It's truly a great romantic moment. Just me and a steamy hot tea in my favorite mug. My terminally ill MacBook spits great beats (slow, fast, jazzy... whatever the mood dictates) to keep me company. Sometimes the candle's flame flickers and keeps it cozy for us (me & the mug that is!)... No, there is no crazy crowd. No, there are no waiting lines for the fitting rooms or for the cashiers. No, there is no tempting sales lady who just pulls those beautiful and matching items out of nowhere!

So I took my courage tightly into my arms, hopped onto the bicycle and rock'n rolled. Today's destination? Shin sai bashi suji... Once I arrived there, my nightmare became a reality. I just didn't know whether to go right, left, backwards or forwards - there are so many shops!!! To make it simple - you basically start from SSBS, head towards the Ebisu Bridge and go into the Ebisubashi-Suji shopping street (tunnel of many colors and lights). It will take you as far as Namba Nankai station!!! Lemme tell you - no matter where you turn, you see all these chirpy japanese girls - all made up from head to toe and from toe to head. Elegant, hippy, sexy, baba cool... with all possible accessories (fake hair, fake lashes, fake eye lids, fake nails), the shortest shorts and mini skirts. Happy to be there with the g-friends. Let's not forget the cool boys with the tightest trousers, shiniest shoes and craziest hair do's you'll ever see. I felt like I was in an anime movie. Blue hair, red hair, orange hair, yellow hair, darkest deepest black hair. Spiky, smooth, fringe all over the face, no fringe at all... My vocabulary isn't rich enough to be able to describe all I've seen. It is something else!!!

I looked like an elephant in a glass bottle. Uncomfortable. Out of place. With my 178cm tall european body, with my sporty outfit, my hair totally undone due to the windy bike ride, with my highly uninspired shopping mind. Because to shop successfully, one has to have her or his mind tightly set up on something. Anything. Everything. I do admit - this place is fun. But I still dislike girlie shopping. I prefer by far to shop for gifts. For the family, for the friends, for the house, for the fridge.


And how did it all end? Well, I did buy a skirt that I might not wear very often for it is just a "hair" shorter than it should be for it to look cool (japanese L size is still not my kind of size), a twin top set will be separated into 2 different homes, a jacket that will always be worn with the sleeves rolled up and shoes made in China. But my most exciting findings happened elsewhere. Can you guess where I ended up?




And so... I WENT SHOPPING AND I WENT COMPLETELY BONKERS because this is the kind of girlie girl I am!!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment