Thursday, February 13, 2014

Back to school

Many of you will think I'm crazy for saying this but being back to school feels super cool. I don't know if it makes ME cool but it sure makes me feel very happy to be learning again & so I couldn't care less about my coolness. And learning something you love doing already, it's a 100% pure bliss.

I don't know how much & how well I will be able to talk about my studies without repeating myself or without actually boring you to death. So let's make a deal. I'll announce my colors right away about the theme of my studies & you'll decide whether you want to read about it or pass onto the next blog.

If you are my friend or a family member, you know already. If you are a random blog surfer - be welcome! Ready for a little riddle? My color is of all colors, my color is of all flavors, my color is of all perfumes, my color is of all origins. Are you confused? Don't be. If you think about it, you know the answer already. It's easy. Need some hints? It is something you need every day. It is something you taste every day. It is something you smell every day. It is spread worldwide. I can just hear you going "is this you spilling the beans (pun intended) right away"? Well, yes & no. But I shall stop teasing you & just write the word "food". That is the answer to all of those unasked questions. So, are you there yet? Do you know the theme of my studies?

Cooking.

I don't know when it became my passion. Nor do I recall what woke it up. But it's been there for a long long while. Something has released the Kraken in me. And so I decided to give it a shape, to discipline it, to get it under control. Learn the terminology, learn the basics, learn as much as possible about the techniques, how to cook & bake, how to dice, slice, grate, peel, mash, whisk, press, roll, squish, clean up in the most correct way. Experience it fully.

Obviously, there is a lot of theory to master somewhere in between. Not my "forte" I would say. Because theory usually needs to be read & tested. I'm not good with tests & there will be plenty of those. They stress me out. But I'll deal with it & I shall do my best, that is for sure. Because basically, I'm doing this for the fun while taking it as seriously as one possibly can. So there is a huge part of pressure that is gone just like that! 

I don't have any particular desire of becoming one of THE worldwide known chefs. All my respect to them! What do I desire? I want to be responsible for the soul of the food I cook. To be a great commis, a great chef de partie, saucier & so much more. I want to be creative, to be inspiring, to be happy with what I cook & make people who eat my meals happy. Truly, madly, deeply. Let my love & passion become theirs. It's as simple as that.

After the first basic cuts
all fingers are still attached!


No comments:

Post a Comment